Your claim that the Second Amendment was adopted to aid people in revolting against the gov’t is a complete and total lie. It is factually and historically completely untrue.
If you read the Federalist Paper 29 and Article I, Section 8, paragraphs 15 & 16 of the Constitution and the text of the 2nd Amendment itself it is clear that:
- The Founding Fathers didn’t want and couldn’t afford a standing army. They needed a quick reaction force in place to repel invasion and PUT DOWN (not create) insurrections. (Art. I, Sec. 8)
- Madison’s and Hamilton’s plan was to allow Congress to take control of the existing state militias (that’s what they meant by “well-regulated militias”) in the event of invasion and insurrection and put those militias under Federal control
- As a concession to the states to get this plan approved they provided that the States would get to pick the militia’s officers.
- In order to have a ready military force, men had to have guns to bring with them when the militia was called up by Congress. Madison said exactly this in the 2nd Amend. itself.
- In 1794 President Washington used the powers granted under Article I, Section 8 to call up the militias of six states to put down the “Whiskey Rebellion” exactly as anticipated by Art. I, Sec. 8.
- If any of the founders had believed that everyone should have a gun so that they could use it to revolt against the government, the 2nd Amendment would have been worded like the First, namely, “Congress shall make no law infringing the right of the people to keep and bear arms” but it wasn’t worded that way because that’s not what the founders believed. They said what they meant: We need a militia to put down invasions and insurrections and THEREFORE the right to keep etc.
- The founders were afraid of insurrections against the federal government. They wanted armed men to protect the federal government from insurrections, not to mount insurrections.
- Your reasons for wanting these weapons are based on your anarchist philosophy not on any historical facts.
- Your ideas are exactly those of every terrorist, namely, “I don’t like the way elections are going. I don’t like what the elected government is doing. Since I can’t win elections I’m going to get my way with a gun.”
- Tell it to the Taliban.
— David Grace